Yugo Yoga for Menopause
For far too long, the menopause has been rather taboo, or worse, the stuff of jokes. Enough! It’s time to talk about it, and it’s time to help women through it. The menopause will affect EVERY woman in her lifetime.
What is Menopause?
Menopause is just the time that menstruation stops altogether. The process begins, generally, between the ages of 45-55 and usually takes place over several years.
This is the perimenopause. Throughout perimenopause, erratic hormone levels cause a plethora of symptoms.
The Menopause can be debilitating, depressing, even painful. These challenges can continue for many years, ranging from downright annoying to utterly unbearable.
How Does Menopause Feel?
About 1.3 million UK women are dealing with perimenopause or menopause right now. That’s close to 33% of the UK’s whole female population. Some women may suffer few ill effects of menopause, but many will struggle. Symptoms can last up to 15 years.
Yes, menopause will affect around half the population. Menopause is NOT a joke, an irritation, or a minor inconvenience.
Can you imagine experiencing such discomfort, pain, or mental illness yet passing it off as a joke, or simply putting up with it? Although Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) can be helpful, it’s not suitable or desirable for everyone. But you do NOT need to suffer through the menopause, and you CAN help yourself. Menopause Yoga can help.
- Hot flushes and night sweats
- Irregular periods, and PMS even without periods.
- Mood swings, irritability, anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Vaginal dryness
- Decreased libido
- Breast tenderness
- Joint pain and muscle tension
- Digestive problems and IBS-like symptoms
- Itchy and dry skin
- Fatigue, insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Memory lapses or brain fog
- Weight gain
- Dizzy spells
- Stress incontinence
- Irregular heartbeat or palpitations
- In extreme cases, osteoporosis – which can cause brittle bones.
What is Menopause Yoga?
Menopause Yoga is a therapeutic style of yoga specifically devised to teach women to embrace and manage their menopause symptoms. Yugo Yoga Menopause yoga classes will run as a series of one-hour sessions to help educate you to make informed choices for your menopause journey.
- Discuss and explain the different stages of menopause and symptoms.
- Help you understand how to manage your symptoms.
- Give you information about your medical choices.
- Discuss complimentary therapy options.
- Provide information on well-being, nutrition, natural remedies, and aromatherapy.
Each week, our class will cover a different stage of menopause. Typically, a class will include:
- Women’s circle
- Medical guidelines
- Yoga sequences including breath and meditation
- Well-being advice and guidance
- A closing circle
“regular yoga practice is beneficial for people with high blood pressure, heart disease, aches and pains – including lower back pain – depression and stress.”
According to the NHS,
Join Yugo Yoga for Menopause and start feeling better
Face your future with confidence
Yoga has many benefits at all stages of life and for all ages. Yoga can also help with learning how to stay centred, positive and strong. Yoga poses aim to help improve metabolism, digestion, elimination, circulation and the functioning of the glands and nervous system.